Monday, November 30, 2009

Doggie Drama Ends

At least for now. The downstairs neighbor has returned with a whirlwind of hugs and kisses for the dog. And more important--with a cleaning of the urine and poop off the service patio underneath my bedroom window. The dog has calmed down. Evidently it's been fed.

She went over and talked to the landlord and then came up to apologize. I thanked her for that. She offered to pay for my hotel last night. The landlord told her she had to have the dog gone by tomorrow at 6, but she said that was impossible. The dog still needs to go...or her with the dog. It's fine when she's in the house, but it screams when she's gone. Obviously, she won't be able to spend 24/7 with the critter. We know what it does when it's left alone, and that's not going to change. I'm not going to either. I'm old; I like my sleep (uninterrupted).